“Hiking in Panama: 101”
1. Shoes: Make sure they have good grip. Wear them in before hiking. They will get wet.
2. Water: 1 liter = 2.5 hours.
3. Food: Dried and fresh fruit, nuts, chocolate.
4. Be well informed: Read about the trail. Know about where you are going.
5. Don’t go alone: Always say where you will be and when you expect to be back.
6. Clothes: light, quick dry, no shorts, NO JEANS.
7. Stay on the trail: everything in the jungle looks green, don’t take short cuts can fool you.
8. Leave no Trace: leave with what you bring in.
9. Repellent, sun block and a flashlight. In Panama it gets dark by 6:30.
10. Guides: if you are not sure about the trial. GET A GUIDE.